Basketball, like most of the other sport, can be played both for fun and professionally. It is a high octane game that requires a lot of physical strength and involves constant running and jumping which, in turn, can be achieved with a good amount of stamina. The sport keeps a person fit but accompanies a whole lot of other benefits.
Why should Basketball be played?
Any sport keeps a human fit and so does the basketball but there are other sides of the advantages that cannot be underestimated.
- Lowers the risk of heart disease – Since the game requires continuous movement, the heart rate increases and therefore, a player is subjected to greater endurance and less danger of having heart-related issues.
- Calorie Burner – The game requires movements across different body parts and therefore, is a great way to ensure that the weight is kept in check by burning a good amount of calories.
- Enhances the strength of bones – The usage of muscles in the body and due to weight bearing in the game allows the strengthening of both the muscles and bones.
- Brings discipline to the life – The basketball, like all other sports, have rules of its own and owing to its physical body maintenance to enable a player to continue playing, the game brings in a sense of discipline by introducing a set of rules to a player’s life.
- Improves mental strength–The sport is not just played on the field. Preparations are an important part of the game. From choosing the best basketball shoes with ankle support to planning the game plan and making sure that the head is in the right place, it requires a great amount of concentration and mental inputs effectuating a solid mind growth.
A healthy mind resides in a healthy body and choosing a sport that improves both the mind and the body could be a greater choice in keeping the human, in totality fit with a single task.