On the eve of the announcement of the 27th annual Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame inductees, Time Life and the Rock Hall have partnered together to issue two new releases featuring rare and exclusive music culled from over a quarter-century of induction ceremony performances. Both will be available in November.
ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME LIVE, an incredible 10-volume digital-only collection, features nearly 200 performances recorded at induction ceremonies held between 1986 and 2009. The songs will be available on iTunes beginning November 15th and includes memorable jam sessions and once-in-a-lifetime collaborations featuring the full breadth of Rock Hall inductees. Among the highlights:
· A jaw-dropping version of the Beatles “I Saw Her Standing There” with George Harrison, Ringo Starr, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, John Fogerty, Mick Jagger, Billy Joel and many others.
· Bruce Springsteen and Bono sharing a microphone on U2′s “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For.”
· Al Green and Willie Nelson sharing the vocals on “Funny How Time Slips Away.”
· Ray Charles’ tribute to Nat King Cole with Nature Boy.
· Mick Jagger and Tina Turner singing a sultry duet on the Stones’ “Honky Tonk Woman.”
· An all-star tribute to George Harrison with Tom Petty, Steve Winwood and Jeff Lynne performing “While My Guitar Gently Weeps,” culminating in an electrifying guitar solo by Prince.
· “Start Me Up”—Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ron Wood, Tina Turner, Bruce Springsteen, Pete Townshend, Paul Simon and many others.
· “Let it Be” – Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Bono, Bruce Springsteen, Bonnie Raitt, Robbie Robertson, Dion, Billy Joel and many others.
On November 1st, a separate 3-CD collection will be released to retail outlets. THE BEST OF THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME LIVE includes memorable performances by Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Aerosmith, Al Green, Chuck Berry, Crosby, Stills & Nash, The Who, Metallica, Billy Joel, John Fogerty, James Brown, the Allman Brothers Band, Cream, Lynryd Skynyrd, The Ronettes and many others.
Since releasing the first Rock & Roll Hall of Fame DVD set in 2009 (which is certified multi-platinum), Time Life has issued nearly 20 additional collections, including BluRay discs, CDs and digital downloads. Commenting on the relationship between the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Time Life, Rock Hall president Joel Peresman said, “Our partnership with Time Life has been wonderful. They have produced many premium collections highlighting some of the best performances from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies. We look forward to continuing our relationship with Time Life with future releases.”